Release that tension, open up your chest and breathe easier
If you spend a lot of time at a computer, or do a lot of driving, your chest might become contracted and tight. This stretch is aimed at the pectoral muscle of the chest.
There are 2 pectoral muscles, major and a minor.
- Start by placing your hands on the door frame
- Then step through the door
- You will feel a stretch through the front of the chest
- Relax and move your hands up or down.
- Hold each position for 30 seconds
You can vary the stretch by placing your hands higher or lower on the door frame. Try placing your hands high up to start, stretch and hold, then bring them lower, stretch and hold.
Try and stretch every morning and every night. If you can work it into your routine, your body will thank you for it. Don’t forget to breathe!